Here's a yummy, healthy recipe to try! I found this one on one of my many Pinterest adventures over the weekend and knew instantly that I needed to share it. This recipe is the perfect mix of sweet & savory, and absolutely delicious!
The only thing I noticed was that I wish I would have seasoned it a bit more before putting it in the pan, so don't make the same mistake. Side note - this dish goes great with some of your favorite BBQ sauces, I highly recommend it!
Here's what you need:
1. 2 - 6oz. Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts - I got non-GMO, antibiotic free, free-range chicken, but only because I'm a health food freak.
2. 1 can sliced peaches. - Try to find some with either a light syrup or water based to cut the calories and sugar. Or, if you want, you can use fresh peaches, which is probably even better! I didn't do that though because I'm on the college budget (i.e. I ain't got money for that).
3. Optional: You can add sliced almonds if you want, as pictured above.
Here's what you do:
1. Season your chicken with salt, pepper, and any other spices/herbs of your choice.
2. In a deep baking sheet (it can be a baking dish, just something that will fit your chicken and peaches without letting the juice spill out), add the peach juice until it fills the pan about a quarter of an inch up. You want your chicken to sit in it, but not be completely emerged in the juice.
3. Add your chicken breasts to the pan, already seasoned. Go ahead and sprinkle some more salt, pepper and spices for good measure. Then add the sliced peaches. I put mine on top of my chicken because I imagined they might help the chicken get more of that peachy goodness, but that's just my logic.
4. Sprinkle your sliced almonds on now if you're using them.
5. Cook at 375-degrees for about 30 minutes or until your chicken is fully cooked through.
P.S. Trust me, don't forget the BBQ sauce! It tied it all together for me.
Nutrition for One Serving: